Stick With It Saturday

So…if you’ve been around here any length of time you know this Saturday thing is my weekly {for the most part} journey with weight-loss maintenance.

In 2009 I lost 78 pounds. It was hard, it was wonderful, it was 10 months of dedication.

I lost the most weight with ChaLean Extreme-it  kept me perky, stress-free and fit. I did many rotations of the program. And then I decided to try some new things, I quit lifting and I stopped being so careful with my eating.

I gained a few pounds, I got tired and stressed.

My size 6 jeans are too tight.

This week I decided to jump back in to the program I know and love-following it exactly as it is laid out in the plan. Even the eating.

Pre-ChaLean Extreme:

Monday- Tired-decided not to work out.

Tuesday-20 minute Turbo Jam

Wednesday-rest

ChaLean Extreme:

Thursday- Burn Circuit 1

Friday- Burn Intervals and Ab Burner {wow}

Saturday-Burn Circuit 2

Sunday- rest

I am taking in 1,400 calories max a day. My goal for May- lose 5 pounds. I will update next week my loss for this week-after day one I had lost 1.4 pounds.

Only two workouts in I feel more like me.

How are you doing with weight and fitness?

Comments

1. Bridgett says

I have struggled with weight the whole year. You have inspired me to try and lose the weight I put on after my gallbladder surgery. I am coming out of a bad relationship that completely warped my self image. I started eating less and walking as fast as I can a mile or two everyday. It has been a couple of weeks, and I don’t see any weight loss yet. It is discouraging!! Does anyone know how long it takes to see results?? I am certain my matabolism has to be restarted.

2. Stacia says

I checked out the Charlean Extreme. I hate to put that much money into it when I already have plenty of workout “stuff” You name it we probably have it. Jason and I warn people not to judge us when they see all our workout equipment. We should be super buff. Anyway I am going to join you in your 5 lb may challenge. Stacia
    I am going to go exercise now.

I’ve read several of your Stick with it posts, as well as about your fabulous weight loss and it really inspires me. I have lost 44 pounds so far this year. My goal is 80. I’ve been doing lots of Jillian Michaels DVDs and just recently started C25K I’ve looked at different workouts from Beachbody but haven’t been able to decide if I want to stick the money into something I might not like; but I know I need to change things up a bit. I’ve been stuck on a plateau for the last couple of weeks and it’s really starting to annoy me. Maybe next week I’ll join you in posting a Stick with it Saturday post.
    Mary latest thoughts..Weekly Wrap-up, May 5, 2012My Profile

You ask how I’m doing as far as exercise and fitness. Hmm… I think I’ve gained 10 pounds during the past 6 months, even though I’m doing Zumba. It’s almost summer, so I suppose I should do more crunches to get my tummy back into shape. And eat less. :)
    Susan Evans latest thoughts..A Rebuttal to the Courtship MovementMy Profile

5 lbs. is a great goal! That’s usually what I aim for each month.

I made it to my half-way mark in weight loss this week! I’m loving having the extra weight off and having more energy.
    Paula latest thoughts..10 Things About MoiMy Profile

Thanks for sharing this. I have been losing since January. I did a round of P90X, and lost weight but the program seemed too “manly”. I have moved on to Jillian Michael’s Body Revolution and like that a lot. I have lost 26 pounds since January 18th. I haven’t had the courage to blog about it, but maybe I will. You are inspiring me. Thanks for having the courage to share about something so personal! Maybe I will join you “Stick with it Saturday”.

I love your weekly Saturday check-in’s. I’ve been reading your blog for only a few weeks, but it has inspired me to get moving. There are many areas in my life that need attention right now, but fitness and healthy eating is one that gets pushed to the end of the to-do list.

So, far I’ve made a pantry bin and fridge bin of healthy serving-size snack baggies, switched to drinking only 2 cups of coffee and the rest water (it takes me a while to ween back the coffee–I used to drink a whole pot, so this IS improvement), made my workout schedule and am starting it TODAY (I’m using BeachBody’s Brazilian Butt Lift–I have a ballet background, so this is what I love–it’s basically cardio ballet), and I started tracking all that eat.

I have 52lbs to lose (all of it is from baby #1 born in 1997-ugh), baby #4 was born in November and I only gained 11 and lost 18 within 2 weeks after he was born…but then nothing more…time to DO something! Thanks so much for inspiring me.
    Jenn latest thoughts..Welcome to My Blog!My Profile

8. Judy says

Every time I go back and look at your weight loss pics I get so inspired. Your first pic reminds me of my body now. I know what I need to do, I just feel like I don’t have the energy to do it. Does that even make sense? I guess I am afraid of failing to. I am such a type A, control freak, OCD personality (but in a good way ; )

I need to lose about 55 pounds but when I look at that number it seems impossible. You lost 76…that is fantastic!!! What gave you the motivation and the “I know I can do it!!”?

78 actually. ;) To be a few pounds above that isn’t a big deal I suppose, except for the fact that I am not doing everything the way I know I should…

I was motivated by the fact that I was worth more than that-and the Type-A, control freak OCD in ME thrived on counting calories and tracking weight-loss.

I am doing all of that again. Today I weighed again {I weigh daily} and I am down 2.2 pounds in 2 days. 5 for the month is very doable. :)
      Sam Kelley latest thoughts..Stick With It SaturdayMy Profile

Well, being 39 weeks pregnant…I think I’m doing really well! :) Can’t wait to watch the weight fall off after baby. I’ve gained under 20 pounds this pregnancy–a real miracle compared to my other 2 let me tell you! :)
    brenda latest thoughts..Two ThingsMy Profile